Here you’ll find live recordings of songs in the WGRG repertoire for your interest and resourcing. Many are, as yet, unrecorded and unpublished elsewhere.
These live official ‘bootleg’ recordings are rough-cut gems… unashamedly lo-fi, unedited, raw, with bum notes, coughs, sneezes and all… but more pertinently possessing that unique, unpolished glory that only enthusiastic and committed WGRG congregational song delivers! We’ll be adding more at regular intervals. So keep visiting!
All these mp3s are free to download, but do consider a donation to the work of Wild Goose work if you are able. Go to Donations …
Songs for Advent & Christmas
PLEASE NOTE – the downloads below are currently unavailable, but we hope to restore them or have others available in due course. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Recorded at Holy City: ‘Here We Go Up To Bethlehem’, December 2001.
- Gloria / Peru. Peruvian traditional – Cantor: Stuart Muir. From the Many & Great collection. Audio | Download
- God Has Made Laughter / American traditional – Solo: Mairi Munro; Piano: Stuart Muir. Unpublished. Audio | Download
- He Came Down / Cameroon – Cameroon trad; Arr. © WGRG, Iona Community, Glasgow, Scotland. Solo: Mairi Munro. From the Many & Great collection. Audio | Download
- Iona Gloria / Scots traditional – Solo: John L. Bell. From the Come All You People collection. Audio | Download
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent – Trans. G. Moultrie; amended J.L.Bell © WGRG, Iona Community, Glasgow, Scotland. From the God Comes Tomorrow collection. Audio | Download
- Maranatha, Key Of David – © WGRG, Iona Community, Glasgow, Scotland.Organ: Stuart Muir. Unpublished. Audio | Download
- The Day Of The Lord – Melody: Air Falalalo’, Scots trad.; words © WGRG, Iona Community, Glasgow, Scotland. Solos: John L. Bell & Jane Bentley. From the Heaven Shall Not Wait collection. Audio | Download
- There Travelled Joseph And His Bride – Words: Scots traditional. Solo: Alison Adam. Unpublished. Audio | Download
Back to Free Downloads main page…