WE WALK HIS WAY (CD)
Wild Goose Collective
Short songs for worship, no.3
The previous collections Come All You People and There is One Among Us have proved to be useful in English-speaking countries and several of the songs have been translated into other European languages.
People used to strophic hymns which represent theology in verse, and others more accustomed to the verse and chorus structure of many praise and worship songs, will find here something altogether different.
Some shorter songs bear continual repetition for meditation or as an accompaniment to liturgical action; some may be interspersed with prayer or scripture reading, some – like the Sanctus – have a particular place in the celebration of Holy Communion.
But all, being short, are memorable. They can link us to the greater universal church of which our own congregation is a part; they may provide for our memory words which are worth keeping inside us; and they may be the means whereby people who have never sung in harmony get a foot up that ladder.
All the people who sing in this album regularly use such songs in their leading and participation in worship.
The Wild Goose Collective comprises members and associates of the Wild Goose Resource Group, former musicians of Iona Abbey, and ‘discerning friends of our common purpose’.
A songbook of 44 songs, contains the music for all the songs on this CD.
59 mins running time
1. I Heard The Voice Of Jesus Calling
2. Come, Let Us Praise The Lord Our God (Philippines)
3. Come, O Lord, And Set Us Free
4. Let All Nations Praise The Lord (Taiwan)
5. We Walk His Way/ Ewe Thina (S. Africa)
6. Kyrie Eleison (Guatemala)
7. Magnificat (Lansdowne)
8. Come, Bring Your Burdens To God/Woza Nomthwalo Wakho (S. Africa)
9. We Will Be Fed On Finest Wheat
10. Come To Me
11. Kyrie (Columba setting)
12. Sanctus & Benedictus (Columba setting)
13. Agnus Dei (Columba setting)
14. Take These Words To Heart
15. Never Give Up/Bambelela (S. Africa)
16. Set Me As A Seal Upon Your Heart
17. I Was Hungry
18. We Walk His Way Reprise/Ewe Thina (S. Africa)
19. Amen /Themba (S. Africa)