SING WITH THE WORLD (CD)
John L. Bell & Alison Adam (editors)
Global songs for children
A global tour in song! These global songs have been selected and edited by John Bell and Alison Adam, members of the Iona Community in Scotland. Both John and Alison have extensive experience teaching and singing world music with people of all ages.
These songs are accessible—many of them instantly singable—and they have been chosen for use with children in a wide variety of worship and classroom situations.
This handy collection is a valuable tool to help enlighten children to the ways of other cultures through the global language of music. Send the children home with these songs on their lips and soon the adults will want to sing along!
Includes: Words and music for 24 songs from 23 countries; options for simple harmony, descants, and cantor parts; simplified accompaniments suitable for student players; indigenous languages, as well as English translations and pronunciation help; suggested topics for each song, indexed for quick reference; extensive notes containing thematic and worship suggestions.
All 24 songs contained in this collection were recorded by Pro Musica, a children’s chorus from the Chicagoland area, under the direction of William Chin. This CD recording demonstrates a model for style and also provides enjoyable listening.
A book with all 24 songs is also available.
Note for N. American customers… as this CD (& the book) are published by GIA Publications (and we import it), it may be cheaper for you to get it direct from them! (not that we’d not take your order if you insist….)
57 mins running time
(alphabetical order by country of origin)
- Bendice, Señor nuestro pan (God bless to us our bread)/ Argentina
- Peace be with you (Na jijoho)/ Benin
- Sarantañani (Let\’s walk together)/ Bolivia
- Cantai ao Senhor (O sing to the Lord)/ Brazil
- Now I know (Ey Iou nis)/ Cambodia
- He came down/ Cameroon
- Our God is a God who makes friends/ Canada
- Halle, halle, halle/ Caribbean Islands
- Mungu ni mwema (Know that God is good)/ Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Jubilate, servite/ France
- Aleluya/ Honduras
- Jyothi dho Prabhu (Give us light)/ India
- Come and sing the praise of the Lord (Hal\’luhu b\’zilz\’le shama)/ Israel
- E toru nga mea (Believe in God\’s word)/ New Zealand/ Aotearoa
- Wa wa wa emimimo (Come, O Holy Spirit)/ Nigeria
- Khudaya, rahem kar (Have mercy on us, Lord)/ Pakistan
- Hallelujah/ Palestine
- Santo, santo, santo (Holy, holy, holy)/ Puerto Rico
- Don’t be afraid/ Scotland
- Amen siyakudumisa (Amen, we praise your name, O God)/ South Africa
- Sizohamba naye (We will walk with God)/ Swaziland
- God has made laughter/ United States
- Over my head/ United States
- Uyai mose (Come, all you people)/ Zimbabwe