August 25 - August 28
The Wild Goose Resource Group and The Iona Community @ Greenbelt Festival.
- our partnership venue featuring – Iona Community, WGRG, Church Action on Poverty, Fischy Music
- new location – find us near the ‘junction’ between the two halves of the festival field (near where the Tiny Tea Tent was last year!)
- NL programme is taking shape, and so far will include contributions from Fischy Music, John Bell, Phil White, Ali Marshall, Stuart Elliot & CODA, Pat Bennett, Jo Love.
- great place for conversation; art activities; stopping to eat, rest and play.
Iona Community in main Greenbelt programme
- Iona Community worship at 4pm-4.45pm in Shelter venue on Saturday (“Common Cause”) and Monday (“Common Touch”)
WGRG in main Greenbelt programme
- “Big Sing” in Canopy venue on Monday 9.30-10.30am
WGRG with Christian Aid
- “Investing in the Common Good” (based on revised WGRG liturgy “Spare Change & Gilt-Edged Grace”) on Saturday 12.30pm in the Christian Aid tent.
John Bell talks
The ‘Gay’ debate has gone on for too long. Despite prayer and medication, God keeps producing homosexuals and – at least in the USA – all surveys of teenage attitudes to religion reflect as a majority notion that ‘Christians hate gays.’ This year a young girl took her life believing that God didn’t love lesbians. Meanwhile the churches give the impression that the debate is primarily about what clergy can and can’t do, rather than how we all deal with diversity.
TRUMPING AND BREXITING FOR JESUS
In the last year, both sides of the Atlantic have experienced unexpected turnarounds in voting patterns, the rise of populism, the substitution of fake news for real truth, and creeping xenophobia. In this climate what do we ‘render to Caesar’ and is it at God’s expense?