We look forward to you wandering along to ColumbaFest 2019 ‘WANDERING +
WONDERING’ and wondering along with us …
As you prepare to come to the festival:
Think about the following questions as you get ready to set out:
- What do you take with you from the community you have come from?
- What do you want to bring back to your community when you return?
- What are you looking forward to?
- In your life at the moment — where are you currently wandering?
- In your life at the moment — what are you currently wondering about?
As you set out – A Journey Prayer:
God of wonder —
wonder so vast we can hardly imagine it
we ask you to wander with us
from where we have come
to where we are going.
Journey with us,
as we set out on this adventure
with open eyes,
and open minds.
As you travel:
As you make your way to the festival we invite you to be especially alert to the world around you as you wander through it. It’s easy to focus on our destination, the GPS map, our phones, or our own restless thoughts and not notice the life going on all around us.
As you travel ask yourself (or your travel companions):
Where are there signs of nature?
- Look up — what do you see?
- What’s the weather doing?
- Does anything you see surprise you?
- What can you hear?
- What can you smell?
- What do you notice that brings you joy?
- What do you notice that upsets or troubles you?
- What is your prayer for the streets, neighbourhoods and towns you pass through?
As you arrive:
Welcome! Make yourself at home. We pray that you have a stimulating, thought provoking weekend of wandering and wondering!
God of wanderers —
We ask for your comfort and encouragement,
inspiration and guidance
as we embark on this time together.
For more information on this year’s ColumbaFest, with the theme ‘WANDERING + WONDERING’ (7-9th June 2019) go to wildgoose.scot/columbafest/